Eagle Bank, Providence
Founded February, 1818. Chartered as the National Eagle Bank of Providence, April, 1865. Became part of the United National Bank in 1901.
Promissory note on the Eagle Bank from April 7, 1826. Signed J. P & R. G. Hazard.
Bank check from September 26, 1876.
The National Eagle Bank, next to the Roger Williams National Bank, 27 Market Square. Designed in 1823 by John Holden Greene, it was also known as the Franklin Institute Building. It was demolished in 1912. (Source: Library of Congress.)
This 19th-century stereoview presents another view of the bank’s second-floor office.
An enlargement of the above image.