People’s Exchange Bank, Wakefield
Incorporated in 1853 in South County, Rhode Island, with a capital stock of $50,000 by William C. Watson, Carder Hazard, Elisha Watson, William B. Robinson and Attmore Robinson.
The National Bank Note Census notes that this institution became the National Exchange Bank of Wakefield in September of 1865. Its president was George G. Pearse and Attmore Robinson was cashier. It was liquidated on November 27, 1877. During its time as a national bank, it issued $83,150 in notes of denominations $1 to $20. Only three original series $1 notes are known to exist to this day.