Mechanics & Manufacturers Bank, Providence
Incorporated in June of 1827. This bank was placed in the hands of commissioners appointed by the governor, October 17, 1850. It resumed payment and transaction of business November 14, 1850.
Mechanics & Manufacturers became the Fifth National Bank of Providence on March 30, 1865. It joined other banks to form the United National Bank of Providence in 1901.