Richmond Bank, Alton
Founded May, 1856 in Alton, a village of Richmond, Rhode Island. Location changed to the village of Wyoming in Hopkinton, Rhode Island where it was reorganized as the First National Bank of Hopkinton, on February 13, 1865. Shortly thereafter, moved again to Hope Valley, also in the town of Hopkinton. It remained in this location until 1914, when its declined to enter the new Federal Reserve system and its assets were taken over by the Washington Trust Company of Westerly.
(On September 4, 1866, a vote was passed to close up the affairs of the state bank on October 20, 1866.)
For more on the First National Bank of Hopkinton, click here.